Exploring the Eight Extrasensory Clair Abilities : Psychic readers use a wide variety of powers to connect to their clients and provide readings. Among the most common psychic abilities are eight extrasensory gifts known as “clair abilities”. These are clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, clairtangency, claircognizance, clairempathy, clairalience, and clairgustance. That’s a lot of clairs! Here’s what they all mean.
- Clairvoyance – Clairvoyance means “clear sight.” Clairvoyance is the psychic power or ability to acquire information or to see objects, animals or people, despite any distance involved. In the case of living beings, clairvoyants can also judge their emotional state and present condition. Clairvoyants can also pick up on past and future events. Clairvoyance is often used as a general term that includes other extrasensory visual abilities such as telepathic communication and perception, prophetic visions, and lucid dreaming.
- Clairaudience – Clairaudience is a type of channeling and is generally defined as the reception of information in thought forms from entities that exist in the spiritual realm. People who receive clairaudient messages “hear” those messages in their minds. Though words or songs may be perceived the same way people hear phrases or songs stuck inside their heads, the thoughts themselves may be all that are received. If you’re just beginning to develop your clairaudience, make sure you only share the clairaudient messages you obtain with people you trust. Skeptics often characterize clairaudience as schizophrenia or other forms of mental illness.
- Clairsentience – Clairsentience is a type of energy reading performed by especially empathic people. When clairsentients sense other people’s emotions, they will feel them physically. Clairsentient messages are generally more complex than pure feelings, and such input can offer valuable guidance when helping another person who is facing important decisions.
- Clairtangency – Clairtangency, also referred to as psychometry, is the ability to touch a person, sit or stand in a certain place, or touch or hold an object and sense the energy of and around the person, place or thing. A psychic with the gift of clairtangency judges the energies based on their emotional impact. The energies can feel light or heavy, cheerful or gloomy, tender or tough, peaceful or disturbing, or benevolent or evil.
- Claircognizance – Claircognizance is the intuitive gift of clear knowing. Psychics gifted with claircognizance can receive knowledge or insights that turn out to be true, and just know things about other people, such as when they’re lying. Claircognizant people often have random ideas suddenly occur to them. They are logical people who enjoy thinking through issues and often wake up from dreams with effective solutions to problems.
- Clairempathy – Clairempathy is the ability to sense other people’s emotional energy and understand the cause of these emotions. Clairempaths differ from clairsentients in that clairempaths will not experience other people’s emotions as physical manifestations or symptoms.
- Clairalience – Clairalience is the extrasensory psychic gift of clear smelling. Clairalients can glean psychic information from scents not confined to the physical realm. Clairalients derive messages and information from scents originating in both the physical world and the spiritual realm.
- Clairgustance – Clairgustance is the paranormal ability to gain psychic knowledge by experiencing tastes with no physical source present. Clairalience and clairgustance are both fairly common gifts, but they’re often taken for granted.
Article Source – WomenFitnessMag.com